Nigerian-German singer Ayo releases her self-titled album in October. Her previous four studio albums have reached Double-Platinum status in Europe. Her acting has appeared in movies that garnered attention in International Film Festivals. In addition, she has collaborated with names such as producer Jay Newland and Citizen Cope.
Ayo explains that the title is the gypsy name for Paris (Paname), inspired by her mother. The lyrics are partially in English and partially in French. Silky and sultry, the music takes you to an old Paris.
The neo-soul singer had following to say about the track: “I got my musical wings in Paris,” says Ayo. “It was the first time I could sit down with my guitar and people would be quiet and really listen to me. It was the beginning for everything.” “It’s about my Paris—not the Champs-Élysées part that is very rich. My Paris is when you know what it’s like to jump the fence at the Metro. My Paris is rich in African and Jamaican culture. My favourite part, musically, is the accordion sound I played on it.”
Take a look at the video here:

No comments:
Post a Comment